If you’re just looking for the new version, look no further! It’s right here 🙂
Yay! It was a bit late, but today I put out a new update that adds some desperately-needed content to Rogue Android. It’s not a huge overhaul (partially because of Thanksgiving weekend and a number of projects due the following week), but it’s definitely a solid start.
I already posted about some of these changes for last week’s post, but here’s the full list!
- New Chamber 2 boss: Blasty Face is ready to avenge its fallen sibling, Turret Face. Be ready.
- New enemy type – Sploders: They’re enemies, and also they explode!
- New Chamber 1 enemy patterns: More variety in Chamber 1 to make the early game less tedious.
- New Chamber 1 music: It’s p good.
- Card tier system: “Advanced” cards are extra powerful, but can only be found via in-game exploration.
- New card – Advanced Laser: Hits enemies in a straight line like Simple Laser, but deals extra damage and has no max target limit!
- New card – Combat Rifle: A 3-round burst rifle that is powerful and accurate, but has a slow rate of fire.
- New card – Turret Buddy: Summons a friendly turret that shoots projectiles towards the player’s mouse for 20 seconds.
- Lowered Energy drop rates
- Made Energy Orbs despawn more quickly: Energy orb lifetime shortened from 15 to 7.5 seconds to promote actively collecting orbs.
- Made Blaster auto-fire
- Increased Blaster range
- Shortened level generator corridor lengths
- UI updates
- Moved Turret Face spawn point away from boss activator
- New coin sprite
- Bug fixes
There are some suggestions I wasn’t able to get around to for this update, but hopefully they should be coming soon! Next update will be focused on:
- More enemy types, room layouts (as usual)
- More indirect cards, such as damage buffs and projectile modifiers
- If feasible, an in-game feedback form — you could give your opinions without even leaving the game!
- Alternatively, just an in-game link to a Google Form (hey, it works…)
Once again, I’m always looking for feedback on what can be better! There’s now an official subreddit set up for Rogue Android; feel free to post threads there with feature requests! Or pretty much anything related to the game. It’s a bit bare at the moment, but I’m hoping to change that over time!
And again, thanks for playing! Enjoy the new update!